True North Doulas offer smart, compassionate and flexible birth and postpartum support, tailored to your individual preferences and needs. As birth doulas we aim to help you have the best birth possible, however YOU define "best."
Birth Doula Support
- 24 hour on-call phone/text/email support to answer any questions or concerns they might have;
- 2-3 prenatal meetings so that we may get to know you better and and help you explore your options so that you arrive at your birth feeling confident.
- Continuous labour support from the time you need us to come (usually at home) until ~2 hours after the baby is born;
- Breastfeeding help, both in the hospital and at home;
- 1-2 postnatal visits to help you revisit your birth and to make sure you have what you need to thrive. We also provide continued postpartum care if required. Contact us for more information.
Whether this is your first journey or your tenth, we want you to give birth feeling confident and well-cared for. Your birth story will be unique; we want to help make it as special and memorable as possible.
Postpartum Doula Support
The first weeks home with a newborn are very exciting times as you learn more about yourselves and your baby. These may also be challenging times when adjustments will have to be made in your life. In the past, families had extensive support systems of women who helped to care for the new mother and her baby. Today, this is not always the case, so a Postpartum Doula steps in to nurture the parents and, and baby.
- Available for day or evening support
- Breastfeeding support
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Light housekeeping so that mom does not feel so overwhelmed
- Running errands
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Light meal preparation
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
- Referrals to local resources such as postpartum support groups, lacatation support and other community support groups